I came across Grammarly before 2 months and now I am confident enough to write a review. I will recommend installing after reading.
Let’s start with some common questions:
what are the basics of grammar?
Are you confident that your writing is error-free?
What online tool should one use to proofread?
How can I write better English if I am not a native speaker?
So, these question used to cross my mind and many times I used different online English grammar checker tools. Finally, I found Grammarly.
Let me share a small story about my English mistakes:
If you belong to India or any Asian country it will always be a challenge to write error-free English. I was very excited and I used to post articles as soon as it’s finished.
One thing I came to know after using Grammarly that I was not using articles like ‘a’ and ‘the’ properly. I wrote 7 articles one after another and then checked with Grammarly and found this mistake.
So most of the time we make mistakes not because we don’t know but because we haven’t practiced properly.
The best thing is you can use Grammarly for free. In the paid version you will find more option to fix advanced grammatical mistakes.
But I think if you are a new blogger and not making money out of blogs you can use the free version. Apart from that free version will eliminate all the obvious error.
Grammarly Paid version will cost you $29.95/month Or $19.98/month (Quarterly) Or $11.66/month (Annual)
If you have decided to fix errors and would like to be blogger please read: How to start a professional blog
A good and impressive English will build your reputation in the blogging world.
Online grammar checker tool is also helpful for authors, story writers etc.
Even if you are not an author or blogger you must be working somewhere and definitely sending emails to the clients. Grammarly is very helpful for working professionals as well.
How to use Grammarly?
1) Grammarly can easily be integrated with your Google chrome web browser It’s also available as a desktop tool.
2) Add this to your web browser and if you will write anything in your Email-box, WordPress, Facebook or any editor, it will underline the errors and you can fix it in real time.
3) One more feature I would like to highlight. When you will double-click on any word it will show the possible synonyms of the word. This will help you to choose the best word and make your English impressive.
4) Alternatively, you can download the desktop tool which will work as an online workbook. You can store your articles in one place and access it easily. See the dashboard picture below.
5) Grammar checker tool will definitely work as a set of another eye for you. I have already mentioned a lot of pros for the tool. Here are some cons you will be interested in.
6) Recently they have added a very cool Grammarly keyboard. Mostly we make mistake while using the mobile phones for writing an email to the client and texting to the boss.
This keyboard is easy to install through the Google Play store or if you are an iOS user you can download the same from app store.
You also need to specify if you are using American or British English to prevent unnecessary flagging.
1) If you are a professional writer and writing a book I would not recommend the free version. Please choose the paid version also go for a Human proofreader.
2) A hobby blogger cannot afford the paid version.
3) Occasionally Grammarly gives you a incorrect advice and sometimes it not even meeting the quality. So if you are new to the online grammar checker tool I would recommend to use some more accurate methods first.
4) (This is my first version review) Grammarly doesn’t have the mobile version of the website or the app. I am already in touch with Grammarly support.
5) Recently got an update that they have launched their iOS and Android version.
The world is going mobile and without this update, it would have been hard to survive Grammarly tool 🙂
Hope this article will help you. Please feel free to ask if you have any question. Also, share any other useful grammar checker tool in the comment section.