Parties sure are fun but deciding what to wear acts on nerves and when you show up in the wrong outfit at a party it turns out to be a nightmare. Earlier times were different where you could go out without any worries for your clothing but if you do not show up at the right place in the right dress then someone would definitely call the fashion police. This article is dedicated to the big question that comes up in every party whether to wear formals or casuals in a party. In order to solve the dilemma of showing up at a party in a wrong outfit then you got to check out the below mentioned tips.
A first impression is made through what you depict and for your first impression to be your last you should wear the right kind of clothes. So, either for your business parties or ball parties choose the clothes that suit you and occasion as well. For some ideas, you can see the list of clothes given below-
• A FORMAL BLACK TIE TUXEDO- Usually considered a formal outfit in America, a tuxedo is must when you are invited to a black tie dinner party. Whenever you get an invitation that says formal attire, you should go with a tuxedo. It consists of a black trouser, white shirt, a bow, inner jacket and outer jacket / coat. You cannot go wrong with a tuxedo at any party. But make sure that you do not go wearing a formal tuxedo at a semi formal party.
• LOOK DAPPER WITH SIMPLE SUIT AND TIE- When the party you have to attend is not that great or you want to have a relaxing feel along with your formal wear then go with this dress. A well contrasted suit and tie goes for any occasion. If it is a dinner party, business meeting party or a dance party you can go with a same color pant and suit and a contrasting shirt along with a solid or printed tie. Nothing can go wrong with this combination. If you don’t own one then get your hands on some suits and blazers for men from Jabong’s suit section now.
• COMFY SHIRT AND PANT- When you are going to a party and don’t want to put in much efforts but still want to look good, then you should choose a good shirt along with a decent pant. One cannot go wrong with this combination. But always keep in mind that a shirt and pant should not be very blingy or very catchy else you might end up making a fool of yourself.
• ETHNIC KURTA AND SHERWANI- A suit cannot go with an Indian festive dinner party or some other party. For a party of Indian theme, the best outfit for men is kurta and sherwani without any doubt. It shows your ethnicity and along with that it also keeps up with the dress code you are supposed to be in. If you think a sherwani will be too much for you, then you can even go with a dhoti or a simple kurta pyjama.
• LOOK ELEGANT WITH A LONG GOWN- A woman cannot look any better than what she looks when she wears a gown. If you have to head on to a formal party that requires a little bit of dancing then you should definitely choose a gown that is subtle but makes a statement on others. A gown can be of any color having straps or a backless neck kind to make you look most modish. Whether you want a simple gown or an embellished one, you can buy it from Amazon’s gown section at amazing prices.
• A SEXY LITTLE BLACK DRESS- If a gown is too much for you then you can go with a sexy LBD for the party and have a lasting impact on others. LBD won’t make keep you uncomfortable and will make you look chic at the same time. You can go either with a thigh high small dress or a modest knee length dress to go with.
• TROUSERS AND COAT FOR THE GO- Are you one of those girls who aren’t the LBD type? Then don’t worry to go to a formal party you need not go with an informal dress. Rather, you can go with trousers and coat and still fit into the party without creating a fashion disaster. You can go with a loose trouser, white shirt and a good fitting coat along with stilettos.
• LOOK SUBTLE WITH A SAREE- If you think saree is just for festivals, you are wrong. Be it a marriage or a formal dinner no woman can look better in anything else than a saree. A solid color saree along with a statement blouse is all that you need to look amazing in front of others. While a patterned saree with some embroidery will go fine for a festive occasion.
Wouldn’t it be a bit awkward if you show up in a tuxedo at close friends dinner, that is when you go in a casual outfit? Trust me you can have a lasting impression that you intend to have on others with casuals too. It is just that if you want to go in casuals choose your party well! Sounds confusing? It isn’t, just that if you are going for a family dinner or close friends birthday, a pool party or a get together with old friends, you can go in your comfortable clothes. Casual outfits include all the clothes that aren’t included in formal clothing, but to not overdo your casualness and to choose your perfect casual outfit to refer to the below given list.
• A SIMPLE JEANS AND SHIRT- To look best and be in your comfort zone to choose a simple shirt to go with the favorite pair of jeans. The best part of this costume is that you won’t over do stuff and look welcomed as well. You can even choose a trouser of your wish instead of jeans and pair the outfit with a classic watch from your collection and casual shoes. Do not go with formal shoes with this outfit as it would turn out to be mismatched.
• SPORTY JEANS, T-SHIRT AND A JACKET- For boys out there who are of the age group of 18 – 25 years should go with this combination. A plain vibrant colored t-shirt along with a blue denim would look perfectly normal but when you pair it with a nice sports jacket the style statement of the whole combination will be enhanced three times. To make the look complete, pair it with high top sneakers and a sports watch.
• A COOL LOOK WITH HALF PANT AND T-SHIRT- Be it a pool party at your friend’s place or a family getaway you will definitely look charming and cool with this combination. This look goes perfectly with a contrasting basic hat or cap, a watch, and sports shoes or espadrilles. You will stand out amongst others with this outfit and will also stay in your comfort zone. If you are wondering from where to buy shorts, head on to Myntra’s half pant section where you can also avail great discounts. SLEEVELESS JACKET, T-SHIRT AND TROUSER- If you have to attend a family get together but ethnic is must. You can leave the basic ethnic wear behind and go there with this combination. A Nehru jacket or simple sleeveless coat works wonder on a normal pant and shirt combination. Neither you will leave your comfort nor will you look too mismatched. To play safe you can pair this combination with loafers or basic jutis.
• LONG SASSY JUMPSUIT- What can possibly go wrong with a jumpsuit romper? A jumpsuit can be sassy and classy, funky or sexy. If you have to go for a family get together or attend a friend’s birthday choose a comfortable full-length jumpsuit along with the right type of stilettos that suit you. A clutch and minimal jewelry along with the dress would do wonders for you anytime. If you’re confused as to which jumpsuit to buy, you can go to Koovs website and choose your type of jumpsuit from their wide variety of jumpsuits and get some discount by using exclusive Koovs coupons.
• ETHNIC LOOK WITH ANARKALI SUIT OR A KURTA- What more comfortable than a plain kurta or an anarkali suit? The rule is that if it is a festive occasion choose a bit heavier suit and if it is not you can go with a simple one. It can be paired with matching earrings and footwear and a simple clutch. You can make heads turn in a simple casual outing if you go with this option.
• SIMPLE SKIRT AND TOP- A skirt can make any woman look beautiful and elegant. You can choose from a range of skirts- long, short, knee length, and straight fit or flare skirt. Any skirt can go for any occasion and for any body type. Whilst it is to be seen that the top is in sync with the skirt else it will look weird. It can be paired with flats or heels and a nice statement bag. You can rock the look or get out as a girl next door staying in your comfort zone.
• MAXI GOWN FOR BEST COMFORT- Now, nothing worked for you and you are a girl who is seeking comfort over fashion? Then why not choose a maxi gown for yourself. It can look sexy and subtle and apart from all that it will bring out the right personality of yours. Pair it with minimal jewelry and a pair of cool flat to make the most out of the look.
Hopefully now the difficult question of what to wear where has been solved and you can choose the outfit according to the occasion. Do not let the choice of outfit ruin your excitement of going to a party but let them enhance your hidden stylish personality in front of your loved ones. Have a great time partying and choosing the outfits that you want to wear.